5 posts Page 1 of 1

im cycling my tank with prawns and its been running for 4 days.
i tested the water today and my results are
ammonia 0.25
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
ph 7.6
high range ph 8.0

but is the ph too high for these fish i want

keyhole cichlid
rummynose tetra
neon tetra
fancy guppy
yoyo loach
dwarf gourami

but as the tank has just started cycling will the ph change???
i know the whole cycling process.
im cycling with prawns not fish. its a 180 litre tank

No the pH and hardness are determined by the tap water you are using. It will not change when you are done cycling.

Ideally you should have a pH of about 7, but all of these fish should have no problem adjusting. When you buy them, ask the store what their water is like. If the pH of their water is significantly lower, you will need to drip acclimate the fish to reduce stress.

the PH will stabilise you have just started cycling your tank it takes time

Cycling a tank is the process of growing healthy bacteria which the tank needs to break down waste and to produce a good eco system.

When you first set your tank up it is just plain water. Therefore you only should put in no more than 2 fish to cycle the tank..this takes 6-8 weeks.

Fish tend to die during cycling because the tank is not cycled.

You have to be patient. It will be worth the wait and having a properly cycled tank is the
basis for healthy fish.

How many of each kind do you plan to get as most of them are schooling fish, and how many gallons/litres is the tank?

you will need to drip acclimate the fish to reduce stress.
Ideally you should have a pH of about 7, but all of these fish should have no problem adjusting. When you buy them, ask the store what their water is like. If the pH of their water is significantly lower,
5 posts Page 1 of 1