8 posts Page 1 of 1

What fruit and veg do your like to eat?...am wanting to try some new food with mine and so far they like cucumber and fresh prawn..but I've not tried anything else other than the algea pellets etc. Thanks.

You can try some carrot and boiled peas. But algae pellets are the best thing for them.

there is no such thing as a freshwater crab. all crabs need salty or brackish water to survive. if your petstore told you that they were freshwater, it is only to market them more easily because few people have brackish tanks. put in a teaspoon and a half of of salt per gallon of water in your tank.

someone please correct me on this. I have NEVER seen a freshwater crab in a petstore, only fiddler crabs and red thai crabs, which are both brackish (as wel as several other brackish crabs). if there are other easily aquarium-compatible freshwater crabs, please tell me.

as for feeding, try some peppers, cucumber, or zuccini. make sure its fresh though! and celery, too, sometimes they have fun tearing it apart by the xylem.

Crush up some peas.........cut up some lettuce.

try bloodworms

Not only do these crabs need brackish water, but if you don't provide them some land space, they will tire and die in a few months. They don't actually live in the water, they live on the coast. They only go in the deep water to lay eggs.

I fed mine on salamander pellets. They seemed to enjoy it.

I would try other than cucumber:
peas
broccolli
apple
grapes
melon
cauliflower
Lettuce
Carrot
And also if you can get hold of some seaweed, god they love it
xx
Mine love all them but nothing else, hope i helped
x

they will tire and die in a few months. They don't actually live in the water, they live on the coast. They only go in the deep water to lay eggs.
Unlock the key of your success by C4120-783 exam and Test-king.com By using our
8 posts Page 1 of 1