17 posts Page 1 of 2

this is what is in the pill (Solaray Hair Nutrients) I take it twice a day. I am 14.

for one pill~
Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) (from fish oil liver)- 5,000 IU
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)- 200 mg
Thiamine (as Thiamine Mononitrate) (b-1)- 15 mg
Riboflavin (B - 2)- 50 mg
Niacin (B - 3)- 20 mg
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCI) - 50 mg
Folic Acid - 400 mcg
Biotin - 1,000 mcg
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate)- 200 mg
Iron (as Iron Amino Acid Chelate)- 8 mg
Zinc (as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate) - 10 mg
Manganese (as Manganese Amino Acid Chelate) - 5 mg
L - Cysteine - 100 mg
Choline Bitartrate - 100 mg
Inositol - 100 mg
PABA - 50 mg

Other ingredients : Gelatin Capsule, Cellulose, Whole Rice Concentrate, Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Alfalfa (Meicago sativa) (leaf), Parsley (Petroselinium crispum) (leaf), Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) (leaf)

it also says "for hair health". will this actually make it healthier?

good luck, you know you can use a prenatal vitamin from wal-mart it will work just as good.

i think it makes it stronger so it won't grow quicker but you have less chance of getting split ends and having to have it cut

Unless you have a vitamin or mineral deficiency, none of this will do a damn thing. Hair growth in a healthy person is determined genetically, and your hair growth rate, thickness, etc., is determined by your parents. Don't you think if this worked, we'd all know about it, and we'd all be walking around with hair down to our ankles? If it sounds too good to be true, it is. If you are healthy, then your hair is healthy. Your hair can't be healthier than you are. Hair isn't separate from the rest of you. If you are unhealthy, then your hair is unhealthy. Overall health determines health of hair. The hair shaft is composed of dead cells anyway, so its condition is a reflection of the overall health of the person growing it. Don't waste your money.

PS Don't take PreNatal vitamins, as one post here says. They contain way too many oil-soluble vitamins for a 14 year old girl who is not pregnant (i.e, supporting a developing second living thing inside her) and can be toxic if they accumulate unused in your system. Also, they contain way too much iron for your needs, and that will cause hemochromatosis, which will damage your liver. Don't use vitamins and minerals as magic portions. They are chemicals, and they can do as much harm as good, when people misunderstand and misuse them.

you're obsessing honey!!!
take it easy, you're only 14 you don't need to take pills

maybe

UHHHH..ummm.My mom says not to eat chocolate after 10:00 and not to give into peer pressure

It's a good one. It's healthy and it couldn't legally say "for hair health" unless it's good for your hair in some way. Btw, hair DOES grow faster in the summer. Good luck! :)

hahhaah. Sweetie, let me tell you now, PILLS DON'T WORK TO MAKE HAIR GROW FASTER. Grow it the old school way like most people do. Wait it out. If you're so desperate, get extensions. Or eat A BUNCH of protein & Vitamin B containing foods.

ROB D: hahahaha your post made me laugh.

wow all that for hair!!! hihihi your hair will grow at his own paste... my hair as never been colored..it's all natural and it grow's fast so in my head i'm thinking if your hair is natural and healty it will grow good...

your body is going to some changes as you are 14...don't worry about that!
17 posts Page 1 of 2